Best WOT bonus code. Update 1.20 Common Test 1: New Oyster Bay Map + Other Changes!
The first iteration of the Update 1.20 Common Test launched last Thursday, featuring the picturesque new Oyster Bay map for Random Battles! This update also introduces some balance changes to three existing maps. Check out what’s new on the Common Test!
The Oyster Bay Map: Coming Soon to Random Battles!
In Update 1.18, the winning location of Recon Mission 2022—the Outpost—entered Random Battles. But the second-place winner—the Oyster Bay map—also received a warm welcome and positive feedback from you, so we continued to polish it. After a series of improvements to the gameplay and visuals, we’re ready to add this picturesque location to the map roster.
Oyster Bay is a fascinating 1,300×1,300 m summer map in a lush setting full of sunshine and vibrant colors. Its breathtaking landscapes and sandy beaches take you to a distant tropical island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.
In terms of gameplay, Oyster Bay offers a wide variety of tactics for all vehicle classes. You can find open areas for maneuverable vehicles, sniper positions for TDs, and massive cliffs providing excellent protection for heavily armored tanks. The map features an amazing soundtrack that will immerse you in the balmy island atmosphere. Check it out!
You’ll find detailed information on battle zones in a dedicated article coming out at a later date. In the meantime, pick up your favorite vehicles and go explore sunny Oyster Bay on the Common Test!
Map Balance Tweaks
We’re continuing our work on map rebalancing to make your gameplay experience in Random Battles more enjoyable. In Update 1.20, we’ll improve three locations: Airfield, Steppes, and Mines. Let’s take a closer look.
The central direction (squares D5–D7 and E5–E7) was significantly reworked to make gameplay more comfortable for heavily armored vehicles.
A driveway from the central hill towards heavy tanks’ positions was added (squares E5–E6 and, D5–D6).
Positions for light tanks were improved, and tactical variability in this direction was increased (squares B4–B7).
The defensive position in square A3 was redesigned to make it easier to stop enemy advances.
The hill was extended as a defensive cover for the upper base in square C4.
Interestingly, the changes to the east flank – which were previously shown on Supertest – were cut from the live version.
The driveway to the island (squares H2–H3) from the lower team’s side is now safer.
Cover was added in square G4, providing some protection from enemy fire from the small island. It also allows you to defend against vehicles occupying the island.
Cover was added at the corner collision point for the lower team (squares E7–E8).
It is no longer possible to shoot heavy tanks from the mountain at the bottom base in square E7.
A house covering the collision point on the corner in square D7 was added.
Here are the rest of the changes from the official patchnotes, which were published a little after the Common Test’s initial announcement:
The Oyster Bay map was added.
Changes to Existing Maps
- The driveway to the island (squares H2–H3) from the lower team’s side is now safer.
- Cover was added in square G4, providing some protection from enemy fire from the small island. It also allows you to defend against vehicles occupying the island.
- Cover was added for the lower team in squares E7–E8.
- It is no longer possible to shoot at vehicles of the lower team from the mountain in square E7.
- A house covering the collision point on the corner in square D7 was added.
- The central direction (squares D5–D7 and E5–E7) was reworked to make gameplay more comfortable for heavily armored vehicles. The side “fenders” are now larger, and players can now take several positions there.
- The clash area was moved toward the center of the map, making it possible to balance the distance of fire.
- A driveway from the central hill towards heavy tanks’ positions was added (squares E5–E6 and D5–D6).
- Positions for light tanks were improved, and tactical variability in this direction was increased (squares B4–B7).
- The defense positions of the upper team were improved to adjust the balance for both teams.
- The defensive position in square A3 was reworked. It is now easier to stop enemy advances from this position.
- The hill was extended as a defensive cover for the upper base in square C4.
- Players can now use Tier VI and VII vehicles to complete the Bootcamp.
- The nation of the vehicle for Bootcamp completion will depend on the player’s region and country.
- When entering the main Garage for the first time, players will receive three Tier III vehicles that can be used to complete the Bootcamp. Tier I vehicles of other nations will not be credited. The total number of vehicle slots will not change.
- The Increased Shell Resistance equipment item (Bond version of Improved Hardening) was added to the “Service” and “Items for Bonds” sections.
The following vehicles have been added for testing by Supertest players:
VIII ST-62 Ver. 2
VIII TITT Rozanov (stats appear to be placeholders, see our previous article here for more previews/details)X 🇺🇸MBT-BIX 🇸🇪Latta Strf
Join the Common Test to assess these changes!
To open a World of Tanks account and get maximum bonuses, follow these steps:
- Go to the World of Tanks website and click on the "Play for Free" button.
- Create an account by filling in your email address and choosing a password. You can also sign up using your social media accounts such as Facebook, Google, or Microsoft.
- Download and install the game client on your computer. The installation process is straightforward, and the game client will guide you through it.
- Once you have installed the game client, log in to your account and start playing the game. You will receive a welcome bonus, which usually includes in-game currency and premium vehicles.
- Complete the tutorial missions and play several battles to familiarize yourself with the game mechanics and controls.
- Participate in various events and missions to earn additional rewards and bonuses. Check the "Events" tab in the game client or the official website for the latest updates on ongoing events and missions.
- Consider purchasing a premium account or premium vehicles to gain more bonuses, such as increased experience and credits earned per battle.
Remember to always follow the rules and regulations of the game and to play responsibly. Enjoy your time playing World of Tanks!